Pages

31 August 2010

beautiful british columbia

the next day i drove about 700 miles over 13 hours.   i left early morning from the spot that i found to sleep in the northwest territories, i drove through more of british columbia which truly is beautiful - prepare for photo onslaught - and then finally reached whitehorse in the yukon which gets it's own post next.  whitehorse had been my desired destination the day before, but i had to get around the forest fires. the only bad thing about the day was where i got gouged with an unnecessary $7.20/gal fuel cost!  i had even passed up the places before it because i thought they were too high at $4.90...  at least i was gaining knowledge for the return trip.

a large patch of morning fog



then back on the alcan......


wildlife









yeah, some people actually live out there






me on the alcan highway : )

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy! I didn't realize that you are headed up to Alaska! how AWESOME! I must say I am quite jealous. I really would like to visit Alaska. Actually, I got an email about a week ago from Samaritan's Purse saying that they still need 6 volunteers to help finish with water and sewer lines to a camp they have been building in Alaska. I forget the town, but they just needed a few more people before the building season ended so that they could use the camp this year. I tried to be a cook for SP up at one of the sites in Alaska over this summer, but apparently they had already filled the positions, within almost two days after they posted the need. Anyways....I hope you have a wonderful visit and a safe return!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, that picture of the suspended pipe over the Tanana River is the Trans Alaska Pipeline.

    Lance Gillette
    Fairbanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa, i got that sp email While i was in alaska and seriously considered it! but it looks like i would have had to have responded quickly to get it.

    lance: yeah, i realized that when i was going through my pictures. i think it's pretty cool how it's suspended like that.

    ReplyDelete