Pages

04 September 2010

arctic ocean


the arctic caribou inn, where i had to go to start the tour.

our tour guide

various facilities

oil wells


there were natural dunes way up there!  apparently that's where the grizzlies like to hibernate.

fox

the arctic ocean!

we were allowed to go into the ocean because they checked ahead of time and the polar bear that lives around there was far enough away.

yes, my feet got super cold



these were some of the other fellas on the tour.  one of them completely submerged themselves in the water.  heh.

i talked with them on the way back to the hotel.  when we got back, one of the guys on the tour handed me a decent amount of cash because he appreciated my being on a long journey.  thanks greg!!!  that helped pay for the tour and some of the gas getting up there from fairbanks.  awesome! how about a picture together?

i had him write in my journal while he had me write on my van for him to take a picture of it - his bright idea.  : )

3 comments:

  1. super awesomeeee! I must again say that I am very jealous of your Alaskan escapades. Something that has also become very apparent to me in this past year is that traveling is definitely addicting. Every time I'm on my way back home from a trip, I am always thinking, where should or can I go next?? Although it can be an expensive habit if you are not careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another ocean to wade in! :-) Love you bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa, thanks for all your comments! yeah, traveling can become quite addictive, although for many it seems they come to an unexpected halt at some point. not sure what the future will look like for me, but for now i have no plans to settle in the foreseeable future.

    jolene: three oceans in one road trip!!! who knew?

    ReplyDelete