Pages

08 November 2009

Still more goodbyes...

I'm so ready to finish up all of these goodbyes around Philly and start my hellos all over the country. This week I have been driving to NJ DE and PA almost every day seeing more friends. I guess all of the driving around here is a good warm up to driving the long trek westward. The wheels turn - Check. OK I'm ready.

From Wildwood, NJ I drove to a Delaware DMV to get my license, then to Douglassville, PA to say bye in person to people from an office where I formerly worked. I stayed the evening and night with a former coworker, Dave in Pottstown, PA. We watched the last game of the World Series as we chatted about life and quarks and various scientific/engineering related topics.


I drove back to the Delaware DMV to inspect my van and get my title, registration, and tags transfered. Then I drove to Jenkintown and had a lovely evening with Mike and Rachel.



That day wouldn't have been complete without getting over to see Neal in Willingboro, NJ.





Friday I got some errands done and then had a splendid evening with Paula and Megan, enjoying every bit of their delicious meal and stomach growling contest.






That night and Saturday morning I spent time with my sister's family in Delaware - Jolene, Joel, Jared and Jessica.
 





Joel and Jared took me out skeet shooting where I had satisfactory success wielding a 12 gauge pump shotgun for the first time. While the pellets were impacting the flying clay, the gun was impacting my shoulder which I'm sure I'm gunna feel for a couple of days.





My friend Sara whipped up a wonderful meal from an empty frig and we had an evening that filled both bellies and souls with good stuff. That night I also shared my final farewells with Paula, Stacy, and Leah (glad I got to see all of you!!).




Then, of course back to Delaware.

Next on deck is DC....

No comments:

Post a Comment