My season of journeying has officially begun...
Right now, everything I own is in my van. My goal was to have nothing in storage while on this trip, and I have reached my goal, with the exception of the four back seats which I removed from the van to create my storage/living space. Those seats are stored, and there are also a few important documents that I will leave with my sister. Other than that, it's true -- everything is in my van... books, blankets, pillows, files, instruments, tools, bathroom products, games, photos, journals, old letters, maps, tents, backpacks, tarps, food, dishes, a cooler, my entire wardrobe, my bike... everything.
My first hosts are friends in Philly: Jim, Teresa, Emily, and Alaina. They threw a fantastic costume party with a talent show and plenty of wonderful snacks.
Sorry, I didn't snap any pictures for this post, but I will do my best to share a fair amount of photographs along the way.
Right now, everything I own is in my van. My goal was to have nothing in storage while on this trip, and I have reached my goal, with the exception of the four back seats which I removed from the van to create my storage/living space. Those seats are stored, and there are also a few important documents that I will leave with my sister. Other than that, it's true -- everything is in my van... books, blankets, pillows, files, instruments, tools, bathroom products, games, photos, journals, old letters, maps, tents, backpacks, tarps, food, dishes, a cooler, my entire wardrobe, my bike... everything.
My first hosts are friends in Philly: Jim, Teresa, Emily, and Alaina. They threw a fantastic costume party with a talent show and plenty of wonderful snacks.
Sorry, I didn't snap any pictures for this post, but I will do my best to share a fair amount of photographs along the way.
I'm really excited for you Jer! I can't wait to read about your travels. I'm also a little jealous that you were able to fit everything you own into a van. It makes me want to cut down on all my stuff.
ReplyDeleteit's been a great experience during and after the process. it can be done!
ReplyDelete