The drive to my hometown Wildwood, NJ was accompanied by a great roadtrip CD mix from a friend (thanks Mo!). It was also accompanied by a pretty colorful sunset (thanks God!). By the time I pulled off the highway to find a place to park from which to view the natural beauty, the colors had been absorbed into the clouds and all became gray. It still was a beautiful scene. I love sunrises. I love sunsets. I love clouds. I really do.
03 November 2009
State #2
Monday. State #2. New Jersey. I met up with my friends Jess and Mel who treated me to brunch at the Painted Cottage Cafe in Collingswood (thanks!!). It is such a blessing to have these two as friends. Whenever we meet, I experience real conversations, precious encouragements, and moments full of hearty laughter -- many of which are the you-had-to-be-there kind, like the oh so gross drip of coffee! HaaaaHaHahaaaa!! I folded like a paper laughing at that one... see, you had to be there. So good for the soul!
I also got to see our other sweet Mel as she finished her shift at Starbucks while updating one of the holiday season drink menus on one of those chalk-ink type boards. I always wondered how that "chalk" looked so neatly drawn. Now I've had the chance to see it up close. It's more like a dry erase marker that goes on thick and actually wet, but then quickly dries into a chalk-like look. Hmh, never knew.
The drive to my hometown Wildwood, NJ was accompanied by a great roadtrip CD mix from a friend (thanks Mo!). It was also accompanied by a pretty colorful sunset (thanks God!). By the time I pulled off the highway to find a place to park from which to view the natural beauty, the colors had been absorbed into the clouds and all became gray. It still was a beautiful scene. I love sunrises. I love sunsets. I love clouds. I really do.
The drive to my hometown Wildwood, NJ was accompanied by a great roadtrip CD mix from a friend (thanks Mo!). It was also accompanied by a pretty colorful sunset (thanks God!). By the time I pulled off the highway to find a place to park from which to view the natural beauty, the colors had been absorbed into the clouds and all became gray. It still was a beautiful scene. I love sunrises. I love sunsets. I love clouds. I really do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment