Pages

11 November 2009

District of Christie

Going to DC on Sunday was great!  I visited a SGM church called Covenant Life that I used to be a part of when I lived in Maryland a few years ago.  I don't know very many people there now, but it has the same ol' feel to it.  After that I got to enjoy some time with my friend Christie and her roommates and 'half-roommates' who live in DC.  Sunday evening we went to her PCA church called Grace in DC.

On Monday we biked a few miles to the Washington Monument to sneak an overhead view of the city.



That day combined so many of my favorite things - spending time with a friend, biking, going high in a tower, not working on Monday morning, warm sunny weather, and driving with the windows down.  Oh, and also a fantastic breakfast which Christie treated me to at a nearby restaurant.   What a great time! (Can't thank you enough Christie!)  It would have been nice if it were longer, but I'm not complaining. : )

3 comments:

  1. funny - i thought by your title that this update would be about your time in jersey - chris christie is the new governor! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go up in the washington monument, but it's hard to organize people to go with me early enough to get tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha....I never realized that my name could be plugged in to "Columbia"'s slot in DC. So good to see you last weekend, and I look forward to following the journey on here!

    ReplyDelete