Pages

19 December 2009

half moon bay

palo alto was only an hour from the ocean. I didn't want to pass up
another chance to see the coastline, so I went to half moon bay. not
willing to pay for parking, I drove north along the waters edge until
I found a free spot. at the forth or fifth place I investigated, I
finally had success. just north of the nearby harbor is a little town
called Princeton. there is a road called west point ave that I took
adjacent to a wetland reserved area until i got to a muddy, but free
parking lot on the left before the road enters some facility. then I
walked along a beach on the calm harbor side to get around the
peninsula to the waves. from there I saw a spectacular sunset! the
sky was still stormy from the daytime rains, but was open over the
water where the sun was setting. to make it even better, the pacific
waves were spraying high as they pounded some large rocks out in the
water. since my descriptions won't do justice to the beauty, you'll
just have to imagine it or go find that secret spot yourself
sometime. I didn't really bother trying to capture the beauty by
photo either, but did get another shot of me on my head. photo to
come latter. the parking lot had lots of ticket/towing/lockin after
sunset signs, so I hurried back to my van to get on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment