21 October 2009
H1N1
Over the weekend I had some great times hanging out with friends and it was so nice to not have to think about working on Monday. I also continued brainstorming how to set up the interior of my van. Monday I perused Home Depot, Lowes, and IKEA to act on some ideas and gain some more ideas. My body felt fatigued during the day and I could tell I needed to get some rest. By 6pm I was in bed with a terrible fever! The fever was extremely bad over night, hung with me through Tuesday and tapered down into Wednesday - I stayed in bed almost 40 hours straight! The suspicion is that I got the highly contagious H1N1 virus from one of my friends over the weekend. They had it confirmed, so I have no reason to think it's anything else. I guess this is no surprise. In fact, I just read a Fox News report which said, "this is the week, through Oct. 24, during which the greatest number of people would be infected." based on a recently published study. To be honest, this is perfect timing - I'm done with work and I'm not on the road yet. :) The rest is well-needed anyway. So I'm resting and staying away from people. Assuming I take the remainder of this week to recover and become non-contagious, I will have to cram four weeks of visits and goodbyes into three weeks. Bear with me. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pretty sure I have it too. Body aches, chills, slight fever, sore throat, fatigue - check. Going to get tested tonight! If I have it, then you definitely do as well. Maybe Lindsay, Sarah P, you, and I can all hang out this weekend if we need social interaction - since we're all contagious anyway hahaha.
ReplyDeletehope you are better jer. with h1n1 you stay contagious a bit longer also jerry got a terrible itchy rash after his fevers were over. he thought it was something else but doc said it was due to the virus in his system so he takes benadryl all these weeks later he is still rashy.
ReplyDelete