since i was passing through baton rouge and know a few LSU alumni, i stopped in to see their campus.
i stopped in new orleans to stay with friends for a few days. i had a fantastic time.
i got to participate with the crescent city cafe - a volunteer run non-profit organization which serves the needy in new orleans by offering free restaurant-style breakfasts. my friends are the creators and leaders of the ministry. last year i didn't get to see it, but this year the timing of my visit worked out perfectly.
my own bike doesn't get enough use. so i'm glad katie suggested we bike down to the st patrick's day parade. just because mardi gras was over didn't mean the parades were...
not far from new orleans i visited my cousin jaime's family in slidell. it was great to see them again, see where they've been living, chat and play, and just catch up on life. after a few days there i continued my journey east along I-10.













Jeremy! Love to see you are back doing some traveling! I got a job at the end of february and it is really hard knowing my time is scheduled for me and I can't just pick up and leave whenever (my unemployment period has obviously spoiled me). But I am very thankful for my job opportunity! Where are you headed to??
ReplyDelete